VICTORIA | International University of Applied Sciences

FAQs for International Students

As part of our services, we assist you in visa procedure, financing and application for your studies.

VICTORIA is characterized by its international dual work-study focus and expressly welcomes applications from prospective students and students from other countries.

You have completed your university entrance qualification abroad and would now like to study in Germany? Our International Office is the central point of contact for prospective students and students from other countries and offers support with all questions and concerns regarding a successful start to your studies at hwtk, such as:

  • Application via uni-assist
  • Proof of language skills
  • Arrangement of accommodation
  • Information about visas, health insurance and banking matters


FAQs for prospective foreign students

How do I apply?

Please apply via our website first. You can find the application form here. Please make sure that your documents are complete so that we can properly check them. We need a letter of motivation, a curriculum vitae, an application photo, your degree certificate and, if applicable, proof of language skills or internships.

Do I have to apply via uni-assist?

If you have obtained your university entrance qualification abroad, you must also apply through uni-assist. The review of your documents takes about 4-6 weeks, so it is important that you apply in time. Please note: if you have obtained your general university entrance qualification at a German school abroad, an application via uni-assist is not necessary!

What language skills do I need to prove?

If you are applying for a German Bachelor’s degree program, you must be able to prove at least level B2 in German and level B1 in English. For the English bachelor’s degree program in International Management, you must provide proof of at least B2 in English (knowledge of German is not required). If you have chosen our Master’s program in German, we require a C1 certificate (German) from you. In the English Master’s program, on the other hand, you must be able to prove that you have C1-level language skills in English. Further information can be found here.

Which language certificates are recognized?

VICTORIA recognizes almost all language certificates, for example IELTS, TOEFL or TestDaF. You are also welcome to submit a language certificate from a language school/ institute of your choice, which we will then check. Our central language institute, the VICTORIA | Academy of Languages, also offers low-cost preparation courses and language certificates for VICTORIA university applicants.

What are the application deadlines?

There are no application deadlines at VICTORIA, but your application should be received by the beginning of the semester at the latest. Please note, however, that the examination by uni-assist takes about 4-6 weeks. We therefore recommend that you apply at least 2 months before the start of your studies, for dual studies 3-4 months before the start of your studies.

From when to when is the summer/winter semester?

The summer semester begins on 01.04. and ends on 30.09. and the winter semester begins on 01.10. and ends on 31.03.

What does the study program cost?

The Bachelor’s program in Business Administration costs €580 per month, regardless of whether you choose a dual program – in which case your cooperation partner covers the costs – (DUAL) or a full-time on-campus program (CLASSIC). The Master’s program Business Management & Development costs 590€ per month, the costs also depend on which model you choose to study. In the English degree program International Management, the cost is 620€ per month. In our distance learning programs (DISTANCE) you also have the option to choose one of several payment methods. You can find more information about the tuition fees here.

How do I find a cooperation partner when I apply for a dual study program?

If you have decided on the dual study model, the hwtk student and company service will help you find a suitable cooperation partner. We will check your documents (letter of motivation, curriculum vitae, photo and your diploma) and forward them to suitable companies. However, to increase your chances of finding a dual study program position, you must also apply to companies on your own.

What does it cost to live in Berlin?

The cost of living in Berlin depends entirely on your personal lifestyle. As a rule, students spend most of their available money on rent. In general, you should expect to pay about 700€ per month for living expenses.

Note: this does not include tuition fees! In order to stay mobile in Berlin, you will receive a ticket for public transportation from VICTORIA every semester. You usually have to pay for this yourself, but in some cases your cooperation company (in the DUAL study program) will cover the costs.

Where can I live/ find an apartment?

Finding an apartment in Berlin can be quite difficult. Most students use classic portals such as WG-gesucht, eBay-Kleinanzeigen, ImmobilienScout24, or Studenten-WG. However, it is also worth taking a closer look at the bulletin boards of other universities or on social networks.VICTORIA also offers its students and preparatory students exclusive student rooms on-campus or near campus. These rooms are especially suitable for your first weeks or orientation in Berlin or for the transition from one apartment to the next. Feel free to contact us:



Can I work while studying?

In principle, it is possible to work to a limited extent while studying. Please inform yourself beforehand whether you have the possibility to work part-time with your specific visa.

When are the office hours?

If you have any questions about applying through uni-assist, finding accommodation or proving your language skills, you can contact our International Office at any time by phone (+49 30 206176-63) or by e-mail (

We are certified and accredited by:

Your contact persons